Saturday 4 February 2012

People Who Build Your Character: What To Do About Them


I think most of us have at least one person in our lives that could be described as character building. I know I do, and if you don’t, well count yourself lucky.
That said, I find the most brilliant way to keep myself from wanting to throw things – I say wanting to throw things because although I would never actually throw something at anyone I also don’t even want to feel like throwing anything – is regular exercise.
There are a whole host of reasons why you should consider physical exercise, including positive changes in self-perception and well being, an improvement in your self-confidence, a positive change in your mood, less tension, less anxiety, and just a general state of mental well-being.  Although I am certainly no scientist, there is significant research out there that shows this to be true AND I have experienced it for myself.
But why? Well, evidently, when we exercise our brain releases endorphins into our blood stream. The endorphins act in the same way as morphine (in fact the word endorphin is derived from the words endogenous and morphine). I don’t know about you but I think a brilliant way to deal with my issues includes a perfectly safe and legal drug courtesy of my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment